Tuesday 17 March 2015

Think I'll Stay A While!

The day started off in a cool but reasonably calm manner and I decided not to do Mount Fyffe which overlooks Kaikoura because of low cloud. So I thought I'd go for a walk round the bay instead. Maybe 8 or 9k start to finish. A couple of pictures of the bay I took soon after I started are attached. By lunchtime it was wild. Turned into a great walk. The surf got up and the tide was high and the onshore wind was driving it onto the beach and over the path and in places over the road and beyond. And some of the debris it was shifting off the shoreline and onto the road was remarkable.  It sort of reminded me of when I was a kid in Gorleston. If the wind was up and in the right direction and the tide was high we used to go down to the harbour/breakwater and play dodging the waves. Gorleston harbour eat your heart out! Even the seals were taking shelter! At least it wasn't raining.
Mount Fyffe tomorrow hopefully! I've tried to capture the mood of the sea when it was raging and safe to do so but David Bailey I ain't!
Sad to say I was at a loose end when I got back and I'd noticed a gym near the supermarket!
Take care,
Glen x

No comments:

Post a Comment