Monday 30 March 2015

Napier to Gisborne

Left a dull, overcast and rainy Napier as planned on Sunday expecting big things from the Pacific Highway. If I had studied the map a bit more closely however I would have noticed that very little of it actually rums along the coast! Unfortunately, the weather front followed me up but still a pleasant enough drive. Arrived in Gisborne late pm. Predominantly a farming and wine producing area. Also a craft brewery and a cidery in town!! Managed a good swim last night so I thought I'd take a rest day. Went up to Wainui Beach this morning. Reputedly the first beach on the planet to see the sun rise, but I wasn't  there that early! Then came back for a beer tasting at Sunshine Brewery. Very good. Also  learned there that the only real ale brewery in the country is in Auckland and only serves the city. Then went to the cidery. Not really my thing but I still enjoyed it. Had a snooze and a read for a while and then went for a wine tasting! Excellent! Day over!
Will leave for the East Cape tomorrow. Not sure about wifi for the next day or three so will post again when I can.
Couple of shots along the way attached.
Much love,
Glen x

No comments:

Post a Comment