Friday 20 February 2015

Stirling Point

Had a quick mooch around Invercargill and left quite promptly for Bluff. I have to say neither in my limited experience have a great deal of appeal but of course Bluff, and more specifically Stirling Point at Bluff, is a must do for any respectable NZ traveller! Also popped up to Bluff Hill for the views and then down to Bluff Lookout. Again, nothing to shout about really but I had Bluff Lookout all to myself, so it was me and the sea and the view across the Foveaux Straight to Stewart Island and beyond. In fact, 'beyond' can't be far off where the Tasman Sea meets the South Pacific at the south end of the country. Will move on tomorrow and drive what they call the Catlins which is another leg of the Southern Scenic Route on the way to Dunedin.

Couple of pics from Stirling Point attached, one including yours truly!
Much love,
Glen x

No comments:

Post a Comment