Thursday 12 February 2015

Queenstown to Glenorchy

Pleasant drive down to Glenorchy. It's hailed as one of the world's top ten scenic drives! Couple of nice panoramas but not up there for me. Again a lake side setting and surrounded by moutains, one of which I will climb tomorrow. The area is still just inside the Mount Aspiring National Park, but Glenorchy is just about the end of the line, not least because the road doesn't go any further! Tiny little place with nought but a beautiful lake, stunning mountains and excellent walks to commend it. Oh, and an open all hours shop. Good job because I didn't  bring anything  with me!. To move out on I will actually have to go back through Queenstown. This is good because I still have to have a Fergburger. Also, I'm going river surfing with a Queenstown company! The girls bought it for me as a gift for my birthday and it's happening on Friday! Not quite sure what river. Will let you know! So, a good walk here tomorrow. Stay here again Thursday night. Back up to Queenstown for Friday, stay over Friday night with a Fergburger for supper and move down to Te Anau on Saturday. Might break the journey somewhere as it's  a fair hike. How's  that for a plan! Couple of pics from the drive attached.
Be good,
Glen x

No comments:

Post a Comment