Thursday 22 January 2015

Kaiteriteri

Arrived Kaiteriteri early afternoon in glorious sunshine. It's renowned for its beach, and basically it's a very beautiful bay with tourist accomodation and a few eateries, and absolutely nothing else. In saying that the beaches (there's a second bay called little Kaiteriteri!), are gorgeous and if you like a beach holiday I can't imagine a great deal better. I knew what it was before I came but wanted to see it. In fact I took full advantage of the beach for a couple of hours this pm!  It's a little shy of the bottom  edge of the Abel Tasman National Park and there's a couple of things I can do from here, one of which is called the Marahau day walk which is in the park itself. Unfortunately it's the most popular day walk in the park. Bloody tourists! I'm going to have to time it right to avoid as much of the the traffic as possible but it would be a shame to pass on it.

Pictures are of the Kaiteriteri bays

Take care,

Glen x

No comments:

Post a Comment