Sunday 21 December 2014

Ruhurhu Falls

Ruhurhu Falls are a couple of hours hike up along the Waitangi River, again only a short distance north of Paihia.   Unfortunately I have to say that the walk was somewhat more inspiring than the falls. Most people drive up to the car park adjacent to the falls which was good for me because once again I never saw a soul. All of the river birds nest along the bank and of course chicks are hatching at this time over here. Some of the sights of chicks being fed-I was literally 5 or 6 metres away-was so, so beautiful and listening to  the birdsong against the backdrop of a meandering river was just so peaceful. Sorry but that is how it was! Then I arrived at the falls! At least I haf the walk down again!

Looking down on the Waitangi River

The Rohurhu Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment